Life has been good and sweet lately.
But it’s also been emotional and hard.
It’s been a little good here, a little sad there, a little up here, and a little down there. I’m constantly learning and re-learning that the intermingling between joy and sorrow isn’t a bad thing, but a common trait of life. It’s okay to feel things and feel them deeply, and it’s very human to both rejoice and mourn simultaneously.
- In case you missed it, I started a new job about four months ago. I’m at a climbing gym new to Dallas, and it’s been a blast so far. The company structure and organization is quite different than my previous employer, so there’s plenty to learn but it’s been delightful!
- I’m eagerly planning a trip at the end of the month to the greater Frankfurt area to be a bridesmaid in my Chinese sister’s wedding. After I’ll be taking a solo trip to Paris. I absolutely cannot wait! If you have recs for Paris, comment them below.
- My grandfather “Big Daddy” unexpectedly passed at the end of April. We all took it pretty hard — understandably so. I deeply miss him, but I am at peace knowing he’s reunited with His greatest friend: The Lord.
- I dated a guy back in the fall and while it was short and sweet, it really left me heartbroken. I finally feel like I’m in a good headspace (and heart space) to date again, so I’m back on the apps!
- Speaking of the apps — I very briefly dated this guy from Hinge. Honestly, it’s hard to find good guys on the apps, so it was a little win for me, even though it was only for a little amount of time.
- Despite living in Texas nearly all of my life, I am just not made for this heat. I am made for afternoons at the pool with an iced beverage though, and so I’ve been enjoying those.
- Lately my sleep patterns have been pretty out of whack. I have to give Jack a seizure pill in the middle of the night, so that’s certainly not helping. Hoping I can find a good balance to getting enough rest but not over or under sleeping. My sweet pup Jack was having some very serious seizure episodes for a few months in a row. I’m thrilled to announce he’s been seizure-free for almost two months! This is honestly a huge win for us.