2021 was a big year.
I wound up not returning to law school, was promoted to working at Summit full-time, started and ended a relationship, and more. Let me walk you through this year’s highlights by month:
- I didn’t return to law school after my first and only semester. It was a life-changing moment, but one I do not regret.
- The same week, I found out I was promoted to Assistant GM at my beloved climbing gym where I work and play. It’s been such a thrill leading the Summit Dallas staff since.
- I went to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch, a very well-known climbing crag in Arkansas, with friends. And I visited a close friend who lives in Arizona.
- My sweet girl gang and I escaped DFW and spent the weekend at my uncle’s cabin outside of Tyler. It was dreamy and exactly what my heart & soul needed.
- I had both a therapy and psychiatric appointment this month–my therapist and psychiatric nurse have literally changed my life, and any time I get to talk to them, I am left off better.
- I celebrated my sweet nephew Westin’s first birthday. Knowing and loving little Wes has been such a delight.
- I moved out of my parents’ house! Praise! Jack and I moved to my old neighborhood in Old East Dallas in the cutest one-bed. We have loved our cozy pad since Day 1.
- On April 1, I celebrated one year of knowing and loving Jack! He’s my bestest little bud and the goodest boy around.
- My friend Emily had a baby shower for her daughter Skylar–who’s unreal cute by the way. Emily is like a sister to me so it was fun to celebrate her & her sweet, growing family.
- I volunteered with Mosaic (a nonprofit that serves refugees and immigrants in crisis) by helping organize a clothes closet for them. It felt good to give back and be apart of something greater than myself.
- Some of my Chinese sisters and I had a mini-reunion in Chicago. I met my sister Shelby’s now-fiance Austin for the first time and gave my official stamp of approval. It was also great spending time with Paulina and her husband Martin, and introducing my friend Leo to them. Worlds colliding!
- I launched a little side hustle as a virtual assistant and landed my first client. We had an intro call and it went great!
- We celebrated my other nephew Mason’s third birthday. This little man is the one who made me an aunt and our relationship has been such a gift.
- I visited my college friend Zach in Houston. We hopped around the city, ate good food, and went to the beach. It was an amazing few days off!
- I welcomed a new baby into this world — my car baby Eileen! This 2019 Rav4 is everything I hoped and dreamed of.
- I attended one of my first Dallas Blogger Brunch meetups in a long time. We were gifted Fabletics outfits, worked out, and munched on some power bowls. It was so much fun connecting with other bloggers in the DFW community.
- I turned 27 this month! Another year older and wiser, I suppose?
- My gal pal Lauren and I went to Utah for a long weekend. We had an absolute blast. For the full weekend recap, click here.
- My sweet family and I did a day trip to my college town Waco. We hopped and bopped and ate and drank. It was the best time!
- I went to my first concert in a long, long time and saw an artist I’d never seen before! Julien Baker is incredibly talented, highly recommend seeing her in-person.
- One of my oldest friends Madyson and I camped with our pups at a property in Waco the last weekend of October. We had so much fun catching up, doing nothing, and introducing our fur babies. Mine might have tried to run away at one point–still trying to forget that. Lol!
- I went to the Mavs game with the guy I was seeing at the time. I hadn’t been to one in years, and it was so much fun being back in the stadium, cheering the guys on, and ultimately watching them win.
- My climbing crew and I went to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch in Arkansas for several days. It was freezing at night, but the climbing and community was well worth it.
- My girl gang and I went to Reimers Ranch outside of Austin for a climbing day trip. We had the best time projecting, laughing, climbing, and falling.
- My pup Jack and I stayed at an Airbnb in the middle of nowhere, Texas, for a couple days last week. It was completely blissful. We had a wonderful time doing nothing and everything all at once.
Please note: these are just the highlights. There were plenty of lows and moments in the valley this year. Unfortunately I’m rounding out this year with a heavy heart and some lingering hurt. But I’m grateful for all of these moments: the good, the bad, and the in-between.
Have something to say about this post? Respond here.