2019 is here.
It’s amazing how quickly 2018 came and went. A lot of life happened in that year, including becoming an aunt, going on my first solo trip and receiving my first promotion. Lots of good, bad and in-between.
Thankfully, 2018 didn’t leave me stagnant or stale. Instead, it sculpted me more into the person I would like to be. I’d like to share a few lessons I learned in 2018 that shape my current 2019 resolutions:
- Life is short — so I’ll say “I love you more.” Unfortunately, I lost three friends in 2018. It was a year of heartache and hurt because these friends passed. Their leaving only made me realize how truly valuable each moment is, so I’d like to affirm my friends and family by telling them I love them as often as I can.
- Life is fast — so I’ll pause more. As said, 2018 passed in the blink of an eye. Starting this January (and hopefully continuing in February), I’m going to only use my phone from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (excluding emergencies). I hope these unplugging hours will help me breathe and take more time for myself.
- Life is sweet — so I’ll savor it more. Similar to pausing, I’d like to soak up the sweetest of moments more. Take more pictures, write more words, remember more smiles, melt into hugs, spread more laughter.
- Life is great — so I’ll give thanks more. Hurt and heartache included, God is abundantly good to me. Though 2018 shared its difficulties and challenges, it also proved God’s provision never ceases. He doesn’t stop giving good things. I’d like to say thanks to Him and everyone around me more.
- Life is hard — so I’ll be more kind. After so much loss in 2018 (for both myself and friends and family), I realized just how you never know the hurt someone might be going through. Because of this, I’d like to share kind words and kind thoughts and kind actions.
2019 — it’ll be short and fast and sweet and great and hard.
It will be all of these things and so, so much more. I’m not sure what to expect or what to do or how to prepare for it. But I have hope and joy and peace that it will be a wonderful year, even if and when challenges arise.
I hope and pray you are having a wonderful start to this new year. I hope and pray for good things for you!
Peace & Blessings,
Have something to say about this post? Respond here.